Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
Hot Yoga Renton is proud to offer a 200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program starting in January of 2020 led by Jessica Winters & Nicole Hamilton.
Participants can expect to complete this training with understanding, clarity and a unique voice with which to confidently teach the 26/2 Hatha sequence commonly practiced in hot yoga studios in the tradition of the Ghosh lineage of yoga, as well as, the knowledge and confidence to teach their own sequenced class. Trainees will also be provided a foundational understanding and introduction into yoga philosophy and history alongside a study of anatomy as it relates to yoga asana.
Dates & Tuition
Tuition for this training is $2650.
We will meet for 10 Intensive Weekends over 11 weeks
- January 3rd – March 15th
- Course Break February 14-16th
- Fridays 6:30pm – 9:30pm
- Saturday & Sundays 8:00am – 6:00pm
Registration Deadline is December 4, 2019
Additionally, a list of reading, workbook and meditation materials will be provided after the close of registration December 4th.
- Please estimate new material costs at $75 – $250.
- Most suggested materials will also be available at the library or by loan
- Students wishing to purchase materials prior to December 4th should contact Jessica or Nicole.
Prerequisites & Requirements
Teacher training is an opportunity to immerse yourself in your practice, learn how to guide others to do the same, enhance your teaching if you already are a teacher, and learn about the biomechanics and anatomy of the body as it relates to your yoga practice.
- This training is intended to emphasize deeper levels of an established yoga practice. Applicants are required to have at least 1 year of practice.
- Students with less than 1 year of practice should contact Jessica and Nicole directly for approval.
All training times are scheduled to be held at Hot Yoga Renton.
- This program is held in an accessible and inclusive space and is open to students of all physical abilities, race, age, gender and yoga abilities.
- Attendance is required. If conflicts occur beyond your control, speak with the lead teachers about making up any missed class time.
This training is intended to be intensive. Please allow and commit time in your schedule, both during training hours and beyond.
- Homework and documented home practice will be asked throughout the training
- Consistent practice of 6x per week, which can include 1 home practice, is required during training.
- In addition to the above noted dates and times, trainees will be expected to meet in small groups as collective schedules allow to practice teaching and review class notes
- An unlimited membership to Hot Yoga Renton is offered to training participants as soon as registration is complete until the end of training.
The structure of this 200 hour program will include introductions to:
- Yoga Philosophy and History
- Anatomy and Physiology as it relates to Yoga Asana and Pranayama
- Ethics & Principles of Practice and Teaching Hatha Yoga Teaching Methodology
- Practice Teaching & Feedback Opportunities
- Intimate group size intended for intentional and personalized education
Application Process & Payment
To promote deep learning and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in an intimate setting, this training will be limited to 12 participants.
Training tuition is $2650
- The Tuition $2650 can be made in 2 payments.
- 50% deposit of $1325 is requested to secure your spot
- The balance will be due on or before December 4, 2019
Please complete and submit the application below:
Once you’ve submitted your application, please save the HYR Yoga Teacher Training Contract to your computer (below), initial and sign the form and then email to us.
Please email your completed and signed HYR Yoga Teacher Training Contract to: [email protected]
- This application is confidential and will be reviewed by Hot Yoga Renton Studio Owner, Annette Petrilli, and Lead Teachers, Jessica Winters and Nicole Hamilton.
- Please be thoughtful and thorough in your application as it will help guide you and the lead teachers during the training.
- After review of your application, Jessica or Nicole will be in contact to discuss your participation and goals for this training.
If you are not currently practicing with either of the lead teachers, please make time to come practice with one or both prior to the start of training. Your unlimited membership at Hot Yoga Renton begins with the completion of your registration.
Got questions? Send them to: