Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
Hot Yoga Renton is proud to offer a 200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training Program starting in January of 2022 led by Jessica Winters & Nicole Hamilton.
Participants can expect to complete this training with understanding, clarity and a unique voice with which to confidently teach the 26/2 Hatha sequence commonly practiced in hot yoga studios in the tradition of the Ghosh lineage of yoga, as well as, the knowledge and confidence to teach their own sequenced class. Trainees will also be provided a foundational understanding and introduction into yoga philosophy and history alongside a study of anatomy as it relates to yoga asana.
Over the course of 3 months, we will meet 8 times in-person, and 8 online sessions to complete our 200 hours of training. Our time will begin with an all-inclusive 4-day, 3-night retreat at Aldermarsh on Whidbey Island and then will meet for 7 intensive weekends hosted at Hot Yoga Renton with weekly zoom check-ins.
Opening Weekend Retreat
January 14th – 17th
Fridays 6:30pm – 9:30pm
Saturdays & Sundays 8:30am – 6:30pm
January 21st – 23rd
January 28th – 30th
February 11th – 13th
March 4th- 6th
March 11th – 13th
Weekday Evening Zoom Sessions
Wednesday Evenings 6:30 – 9pm
*No session February 23rd
In an effort to make this training more accessible, we are offering tuition on a sliding scale. Please select an amount that best reflects your financial situation. Click here to see where you fall on this sliding scale.
$3495 – Supporter – This amount is above the value of the training. By selecting this payment amount, you are helping to offset the tuition for a participant with limited financial means. Thank you!
$3250 – Sustainer – This is the value of the training. By selecting this payment amount, you are sustaining your participation. Thank you!
$2950 – Supported – This amount is below the value of the training. Please select this payment amount if you are experiencing financial hardship. Your tuition is being supported by Supporter participants.
Registration Deadline is December 15, 2021
Additionally, a list of reading, workbook and meditation materials will be provided after the close of registration December 15th.
- Please estimate new material costs at $75 – $250.
- Most suggested materials will also be available at the library or by loan
- Students wishing to receive the purchase materials list prior to December 15th should contact Jessica or Nicole.
Prerequisites & Requirements
Teacher training is an opportunity to immerse yourself in your practice, learn how to guide others to do the same, enhance your teaching if you already are a teacher, and learn about the biomechanics and anatomy of the body as it relates to your yoga practice.
- This training is intended to emphasize deeper levels of an established yoga practice. Applicants are required to have at least 1 year of practice.
- Students with less than 1 year of practice should contact Jessica and Nicole directly for approval.
All training times are scheduled to be held at Hot Yoga Renton.
- This program is held in an accessible and inclusive space and is open to students of all physical abilities, race, age, gender and yoga abilities.
- Attendance is required. If conflicts occur beyond your control, speak with the lead teachers about making up any missed class time.
This training is intended to be intensive. Please allow and commit time in your schedule, both during training hours and beyond.
- Homework and documented home practice will be asked throughout the training
- Consistent practice of 6x per week, which can include 1 home practice, is required during training.
- In addition to the above noted dates and times, trainees will be expected to meet in small groups as collective schedules allow to practice teaching and review class notes
- An unlimited membership to Hot Yoga Renton is offered to training participants as soon as registration is complete until the end of training.
The structure of this 200 hour program will include introductions to:
- Yoga Philosophy and History
- Anatomy and Physiology as it relates to Yoga Asana and Pranayama
- Ethics & Principles of Practice and Teaching Hatha Yoga Teaching Methodology
- Practice Teaching & Feedback Opportunities
- Intimate group size intended for intentional and personalized education
Application Process & Payment
To promote deep learning and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in an intimate setting, this training will be limited to 12 participants.
Training tuition is offered on a sliding scale of $2950 – $3495
- The tuition can be made in 2 payments.
- 50% deposit of sliding scale is requested to secure your spot
- The balance will be due on or before December 30, 2021
email us at [email protected]